Saturday, October 9, 2010

Poetry

There is something to be said about cycles. After a few decades of walking the earth I think I've got a bit of a grasp on mine. Creativity flows with blood and that makes it easy to plan around.

It is just plain good business practice to apply the 30-30-30 rule. Spend 30% of your time managing current projects, 30% seeking new projects, and 30% creating the deliverable goods. So, if you can't control a muse but know when she is likely to roll around you know that you'd better free up some time around then.

Not sure how that works for post menopausal women. Then again, I was writing before I hit puberty so I should be okay.

A liquid state
A drunken state
A state of utter bliss

He comes to me
He comes at me
Who am I to resist

No words but 'yes'
Inactive state
Agreed upon submission

Too long I wait for one more time
Desperate and dry
Asleep, alive, and free

His gentle snores
One floor below
Oblivious and vain

Instead of me
Hockey tonight
Though missed through blissful dreams