Sunday, November 8, 2009

Butterfly Dance

The sky is filled with warm crisp air
Refreshing and bewildering
Unknown to me what the day holds
It has yet to unfold

Above my head a dance begins
Circle the clouds
Each flutter of a butterfly
The wings are full of purpose

The rustling of the leaves above
Almost removes me from my trance
Still nothing is so fully there
As the dancing butterflies

Surely they know what to do
What choices they must make
Undoubtedly there is a song
That answers all my woes

My eyes begin to fill the gaps
They glisten as they watch
The gentle gliding to and fro
Of insects and of foes

For if they do not care for me
And go about their day
They must not love me as they should
They world lives just for me

Then I blink and realize
The song and dance is through
Its time to choreograph my own
My dreams are mine to form