Thursday, April 2, 2009

Something Else To Say

My head is filled with buzzing and noise. A whirlwind of activity. The idea of wind is what really strikes me at the moment. Iconic and poetic in its simple definition. So much all at once that nothing seems to stick long enough to explore further.

The day was spent ducking hourly vomit eruptions and thanking lucky stars that the other one seems to be safe for now. It would be worse if both sides were afflicted at the same time. What would I do then? Somehow, leaving the safety of home with all its amenities was exactly what I had to do to reach some sort of calm.

I expected some sort of sympathy and help. Well, I got the help. There's a price for everything, you know. Now, I have what I wanted all day but, it doesn't matter. I won't make the most of it. I can't. Not when the day starts with an urgent pitter-patter and then a sobbing "mommy, I threw up". "Where?" "In my room". Sob, sob.

It ended quietly, and calmly. Thank goodness for drugs. Especially the kind in liquid form. Especially when you didn't think they made the kind.

The bottom line is I want more... and less. Then, I cry about wanting something else, when this is already more than I could have had. Then I worry about losing what I have because I didn't value it. Now is the time to play on the floor instead of worrying about unfinished self-made promises.