Monday, April 6, 2009

Dignity

It used to be that I could say
With merit and restraint
That when a breast of mine must show
It would be with discretion

I used to care who saw it
It was for private view
This big round object of desire
That men were often drawn to

It used to be that they would see
In me somebody whom
Funky stuff was done to

Today that is not quite the case
It's strictly utilitarian
A source of food for babes and kings
Withdrawn from hiding at the fairgrounds

Not one does turn to look at me
As feeding time begins
We might be at the mall
We might be at the playground
We might be at a holy place
Or seated at the food court

Nobody cares to look my way
It doesn't shock or scare
Nobody thinks its odd to see a boob in open daylight
One day I might just hide away this object of desire
That day is not today as my despot wants to find it