Friday, April 17, 2009

All I want is ....

A long time ago I wanted to come up with the perfect wish.
I was outside and looking at absolutely nothing because the only sources of light were millions of years away.
Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.
What should it be?
What do I want?
Be careful what you wish for.
Word it just right.
There will always be a loop hole in the wish you wish tonight.
So I wished for something that is neutral, with a secret garden hidden inside.
I wished for everything to be alright.
So, it has been.
Now that it is, I worry.
Dare I wish for something more?
Greed kills.
Greed robs us of the equilibrium that peace brings.
Still I wish I may, I wish I might ....
No!
Stop!
No wishing!
Be
Glad
For
What
You
Have

Wish to keep it.

Fear

All I want it to stop being afraid to lose what I have.
I have spent my life leading myself to the riverbed through which my hopes and dreams may flow into reality.
Now, I am scared of the damn.
I am helpless and tongue tied.
To wish for anything at all would be to tempt fate.

A long time ago, my grandmother taught me to read cards.
With the lessons came a warning.
You can only read the cards, not tell them what to say.
If you try, they will lie to you.
Like the goldfish, sick of the fisherman's wife
To wish for anything more could do that, too.

So, I will not wish for anything else.
Except, all I want is for everything to be alright.