Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Well wishers

Got a call this morning from somebody who loves me. Seems that the past evening's conversation weighed heavily on his mind. He did not mean to discourage, only to shield.

It is the sort of rationalization that has kept me from producing all these years... the idea that my eye and hand are not trained. The point is that it could be. Why not? All it takes is the doing. It is not impossible. I just have to want to. I don't think I ever really fully realized that I just had to want to. It was never that I was not good enough.

With maturity, you do gain further understanding. I get it now and it isn't stopping me. Not anymore. Now, it doesn't matter if I will succeed at it because it is no longer the point to succeed at it. It is only to do. I am doing.