Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Update on "Broken Axle Spinning Blind"

So, in case you are one of the people who have been following this blog, you may have noticed that the content had shifted gears over the past three or four months. It has moved away from whimsical freestyle creative posts to social commentary.

As with probably most of the other bloggers out there, you guessed it, I am trying to drive more traffic to this site and have been experimenting with what it would take for the average person to generate some interest in their writing.

Back in September I had become pretty active on Helium.com. Well, it never promised to make anybody rich but, has shown that people like reading what comes from my proverbial quill. This is encouraging. Encouraging enough to venture into the world of book publishing. In truth, this had always been a long held goal.

The plan was first formulated over 20 years ago. The trouble was, that not only did I not have enough to say, I didn't have enough life experience to make it of any interest to anybody. Now, that's not the case anymore.

The other side of the coin was a lack on confidence. Thanks to all of you, who have been checking every few days to see if there is anything new on here I have a bit more of that, as well. So, I thought I'd let you know that I've finally finished putting together the inside pages for my first book of poetry. Hopefully, you'll like it. It will be published through an arm of Amazon, and available for order online.

The book title is "Broken Axle Spinning Blind: Poetry from heart to mind". Quite the undertaking and probably took about two or three years to write, if I really think about it. Pretty much all that's left is the cover design. I'll let you know when it's available for order.