Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Personal Trainer

So I finally managed to get myself a gym membership and sat on it for a week or two. Today was the big day. I went and met my personal trainer, Rodney.

They give you a free introductory session with your very own personal trainer. The poor guy! He had to deal with the likes of me. Educated, and not very likely to result in additional revenue. He tried to find gaps where he could sell himself on the value add but it just wasn't working for him.

The other thing is this guy is super nice.... I think. He puts nice into overdrive. Like the kind of nice that borders on flaming with two earrings if you know what I mean. I kept wondering about it because it's tough to be comfortable around somebody that is Richard Simmons nice.

Finally, not sure how, I got him to dial it down a notch or to enough to manage a semi decent conversation, except for the gym world's own maze of TLAs. He kept asking me if I would be interested in this that or the other thing and I couldn't figure out if any of it was going to end up costing me or how much. The land of confusion!

Well, I'm pumped. Not literally because all we did was talk today. But I am psyched.

The coolest things was when he pulled out this fandangled gadget that measures your BMI only to tell me that I needed to lose pretty much exactly what I came in saying I needed to lose. Poor Rodney. Didn't get anywhere with me.

Nice guy though.