Thursday, October 15, 2009

Something Smells in Colorado

This afternoon my face flushed as I drove to pick up my child from school. The thought of a six year old boy potentially plummeting from a wildly out of control quickly rising balloon made my blood run cold. Well, the best of all possible outcomes was exactly how it all ended.

The thing is, Mr. Heene dost protest too much. He appeared deeply outrage at being accused of orchestrating the entire incident for some sort of publicity. Well, what would you expect him to say? Yup, it's been a while since anybody paid any attention to us and check out this cool floating shroom I just built.

Evidence of this guys excellent parenting skills is all over the internet. It didn't take long to come up with some golden nuggets. All they said this afternoon is that Mr. Heene has a passion for chasing weather. Perhaps he's more of a glory hound than a storm chaser.

I have often wondered what sort of people would actually agree to doing the "Wife Swap" experiment. It's an interesting notion but, what sort of people would be that open to not only letting the world watch the inner workings of their particular brand of dysfunction but, also encourage their spouse to live with somebody else.

These are not exactly the type of people that sit down and fully think things through. For them consequences are defined by regrets of things undone. Nothing seems to be off-limits.

Well, fortunately for all the people who's hearts collectively stopped this afternoon, I don't believe that this incident will just blow over. There are guidelines and regulations that he would have been bound by so an investigation will follow.

Richard, if you read this, I really am glad that Falcon was found safe and sound. But, it's really tough to believe the story about him hiding in a box in the attic for such a long time considering that from what I can see on the Web he doesn't strike me as the type to run and hide just because you yelled at him.