Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sleep will come

It used to be that a break was unimaginable.
It used to be that life was too short to waste not spending every moment with the ones you love.
It used to be completely inconceivable that soft singing and humming to nobody would be so irritating.
Now that's not the way.
Now mommy time is something all too well appreciated.
Now I get it.
I get what alone time is really all about.
It used to be that seeing something beautiful was something to be captured to be shared with others.
Now I understand the jealous zeal used to guard the happy place.
Now I get the happy place.
We're going on a pretend adventure.
We're looking for cute creatures in the forests that we can find and nurse back to health.
We're having tickle fights and I know that every second is ticking away and one day I'll be old and one day I'll be gone. And now, I don't care.
I'm ready for the one day when I'll be tired, too.
I understand there's life to live and lots that wants being done.
I haven't left my mark yet and nowhere near being begun.
But, one day I'll be tired.
One day I will sleep.
One day it will end for me and I don't care one bit.